The Westerns District of Wisconsin Bar Association's Annual Meeting will be held on August 21, 2020 using a virtual platform and thus we hope everyone will be able to attend some portion from the safety of their homes or wherever you may be.
Although the method has changed, the presentation will not. This year, we will go forward celebrating the 150 year anniversary of the Federal District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin. To that end, John W. Vaudreuil, (former United States Attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin) will be our keynote speaker. Mr. Vaudreuil practiced law in the Western District for almost 40 years and will speak on the history of the Western District as well as his experience practicing in the Western District.
Additionally, we are pleased to be awarding the Honorable Barbara B. Crabb with our Distinguished Service Award in honor of Judge Crabb’s forty-plus years of unvarying service to the Western District.
Following the keynote, we will have virtual CLE session online (credit will be applied for). Mr. Vaudreuil will be providing one session entitled “Cross Examination: Focus and Plan – not Question and Hope” in which he will dive into effective cross examination. The other CLE session will cover employment topics related to COVID19 as presented by Vanessa Kuettel, Lili Behm and Jessa Victor of Hawks Quindel S.C. The CLE session followed by the yearly clerk’s report and finally a judge’s panel all done virtually. We hope to see everyone online!
- 12:05 pm Meeting Begins
- 12:15 pm Honoring Attorneys and Firms who have taken on pro se representation in 2019-20
- 12:25 pm Presenting Judge Crabb with the WDBA’s Distinguished Service Award
- 12:40 pm Mr. Vaudreuil’s speech celebrating the 150 Anniversary of the Court
- 1:40 pm BREAK
- 1:50 pm Cross Examination: Focus and Plan – not Question and Hope presented by Mr. Vaudreuil
- 2:50 pm BREAK
- 3:00 pm Employment topics related to COVID 19 by Hawks Quindel S.C. Attorneys
- 4:00 pm BREAK
- 4:10 pm Clerk’s 2019-20 Report
- 4:30 pm Judge’s Panel
|Stuffed Bell Peppers (Vegetarian & GF)|
|April 2020 - March 2021|
|Non-member cost ($50)|